Midwifes support and advise women and their families during the early stages of motherhood: from pregnancy to birth, breastfeeding and the postpartum period.
Whether in a hospital, a birthing centre or as an independent midwife: midwifes work closely together with other health specialists and, through their work, support the health of the woman and her family.
All of the midwifes in our section listed under midwife search:
- hold a recognised diploma as a midwife
- are members of the Swiss Association of Midwives (SHV) and the union section of both Basel cantons
- have the authorisation (from the relevant canton) to perform their job independently
- invoice the health insurance companies directly and have a payment office register number with Santésuisse
- attend of specialist certificated training for quality assurance purposes